I have to share this picture from my shopping trip last week.
So this is from the inside of my dressing room at American Eagle. Have you ever seen this kind of technology in a dressing room before? No - I'm not talking the door handle, which is pretty upscale for me what with it being so many steps above the sliding public-bathroom-like lock or the even more neaderthal cloth curtain that I'm accustomed to. I'm talking about that blue button there above the door-handle. It isn't a cute, glowy decoration. It's a buzzer linked directly to the headset of the hip girl who unlocked the dressing room for me. She told me if I needed any different sizes to ring the bell and she'd take care of me.
I almost didn't believe it would really happen. I pressed the button pretty nervously when my pants didn't fit right. Then when she did come I was all apologetic about her having to get me new pants. I felt like such a punk that I didn't get it right the first time. Then it took forever for her to come back and bring me the pants again during which time I had no idea what to do with my fidgeting self in that small space and I started to feel a little annoyed with the system. Then when the hip girl and the pants finally arrived I thanked her profusely even as she was apologizing when she noticed that she had brought me the skinny jean instead of the wide-leg jean. To which I said, "Well I don't know the difference anyway so it's all good," and I thanked her right out of the room even though for me, if a jean is labeled "skinny" it might as well be labled "doused in flesh-eating toxins."
It was just another testament to me folks, just another testament that me and technology are star-crossed lovers. The fates have decided it is simply not to be.

2 comments:
Was Sidekick Sister with you? Because my kids wouldn't be able to leave that technology button alone!!
Sidekick Sister wanted to stay home and watch shows - suprised the socks off of me.
But they planted that piece of technology above toddler height I think - pretty darned smart if you ask me.
Post a Comment