Wednesday, January 18, 2012

On Feeding

Are you like me when you take a meal to somebody?

I start out thinking, "I'll keep it simple.  I'll take them some soup and bread."

But will the soup and bread be enough?  So I give them a gigantic tub of soup and a whole loaf of fresh bread.

But it looks so unsubstantial sitting there on my long, wide counter-top.  So I add another tupperware of all the fruit I have left in the kitchen mixed with yogurt.

And then I remember dessert so I make chocolate chip cookies and fill a bag with two dozen.

Then I remember that I'm only feeding two people and two children.  One of which is three days old.  The other of which is 2 years old and probably will only like the chocolate chip cookies.

And then I think, "Where's a good army when you need one?"

3 comments:

gretchen said...

YES!! This is what I do every time I make someone a meal.

v said...

Oh, JessicaP, we are so alike. I guess it's the 'Relief Society' way.

JessicaP said...

I love that we are so alike (: "The way" is reallly quite fascinating.