FIRST - When CPT Kindergarten's umbilical cord stump fell off when he was a couple of weeks old I jumped up and down and couldn't wait to tell the husband, but with baby number 4 I just threw the stump in the trash and went about my business. CPT Kindergarten is about to lose his first tooth. It's the umbilical cord stump all over again. I'm so, so, so, so excited. I ask him about it constantly. "Is it looser?" "Do you still have it?" "Do you like to wiggle it?" Oh, its just so thrilling. Could somebody please make sure that baby number 4 gets a visit from the toothfairy when she loses a tooth. Help Me. I always have to remind myself that I was a third - as in not a first - and I always felt adequately loved.
THEN - Sunshine + Me + Running = The World is Beautiful and Good and I'm Good, Not to Mention Beautiful, and Maybe, Just Maybe I'll Go Home and Conquer Absolutely Everything Today. Them endorphins ain't nothin' to sneeze at.
AND OF COURSE - Homemade Turkey Noodle Soup is the definition of comfort food. It makes you feel like you are in your softest pajamas on your coziest couch watching your most chick-flickiest movie when you eat it. Honestly. OK, a little bit of an exaduration. But if you need a hug and there's nobody around, I'm telling you right now, homemade turkey noodle soup.
AND THIS BIT - Do you want to know what my favorite thing about people is today? My favorite thing is that people are creative. I like seeing how they are creative in getting things from high places, in doing their hair, in wearing their clothes, in their ways of telling or writing stories, in their work-out plans, in their cooking, in their house decorations, in their house organization, in their life plans, in their ways of clipping their toenails or brushing their teeth. People are endlessly creative and so very particularly unique. No wonder God loves us.
THEN INDULGE ME - I also love my Little Linebacker. I love and fear his two year old passion. And I love that he loves to wear his Dad's BYU hat. Go my cougar!
Happy Weekend to you all. I'm hoping for a Christmas tree and gingerbread men/women/snowmen/candy canes to be in our house spreading their cheer by the end of Saturday. Keep me and my ambition in your prayers.
1 comment:
What a cute little Linebacker!! And, I'm feeling so jealous of the ability to run... I miss it so much already. I thought I'd try to keep running, but I've been so sick and lost so much weight that I just can't right now. But, I miss that runner's high so much! Enjoy it a little extra for me, ok?!
Post a Comment