This is a dragon with blue wings spouting red fire. He walks leaving yellow footprints. I heard him roar a five year old's roar and I heard the shrieks of a five year old mortal as the beast bellowed his molten expirations.
For my son, painting this wasn't about making sure that the dragon had realistic anatomical structure or that the dragon carried a deeper philosophical meaning. He was simply painting a story and watching it unfold with each new swirl of brush on palette. This brown paper was alive with noise and movement, affected wildly by each new splot of fire or drip of tongue.
Captain Kindergarten made art look like fun.
P.S. - Ignore the "D" painted in yellow at the top of the page. I did that. I tried my hardest to sap the good times out of my boy's dragon adventure by having him paint the word dragon.
Made Up Dialogue
"Oh looky here," I thought. "The perfect opportunity to teach my child."
"Ummm...hey super-Mom...let a kid enjoy life every now and again."
"Right...but I just want to teach him...did you just slap my hand? Alright, alright...maybe when he's all done painting I'll have him write dragon on a wipe board...hey, stop slapping my hand. Geez. I just want him to succeed in life...really another slap?...Fine...just fine."
2 comments:
I love that Captain Kindergarten is so creative in his play and art.
He makes the imaginitive look so effortless. I do love that C.K.
Post a Comment