Alright, so the spouse emailed me the beginnings of my birthday present for this year. Did you ever get a birthday present that scared the bejeebees out of you? Or intimidated the dickens out of you? Or maybe seemed completely and utterly impossible unto you? But you were kind of excited about it just the same.
Super Spouse sent me a list of clothing items I am to buy for my birthday before he returns. Oh wouldn't most wives go to town. But instead I kind of want to curl up in a corner and hide. I have no clothes confidence at all whatsoever or even kind of. BUT, I want to look good. Good-spouse is not going to let my what-if-I-get-skinnier, what-if-I-get-pregnant, what-if-I-lose-a-leg-and-don't-need-two-legged-pants-anymore worries keep him from prodding my backside into getting a wardrobe of which I can be proud (in the good way...I guess...is there a good pride?...uh, he probably wouldn't want this thought to get in my way either).
So for the next month I need to be looking for Sunday clothes and casual clothes, blouses (he wrote blouses!) and a fancy dress, running clothes and belts (lots of belts! he implied under the heading accessories). I am overwhelmed and excited and ready to hide under the bed and cry. Wish me luck.
If you have any good suggestions for me PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE feel free to share. Help me Rhonda.
1 comment:
I would love that gift! :) You do have a super spouse. I would LOVE to go shopping with you. Maybe I'll do some online looking for you and send you links, and you can decide if you like them or not. What a fun birthday present! Get excited! :)
Post a Comment