Monday, December 19, 2011

The Exchange

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas around here:

The Little Linebacker spent the day having a shepherd and some not-so-wise men jump off the roof of the manger.  "Ahhhh, pkshhhshhh!" they cried over and over as their faces met the carpet.   Don't worry, they're pretty hardy folk.

Sidekick Sister has been going around declaring how much she loves Frosting the Snowman.

CPT Kindergarten has been singing, "Jingle Bells, Batman smells..." with a rowdy chuckle.

And today, my good friend and neighbor and I exchanged Christmas tree decorations so we could fill in the gaps (chasms might be a better word for my tree) on our trees.  I gave her a couple of strings of white lights.  She gave me



some red glinty bows,



some shimmery green balls that kinda make me crave an apple,



some golden angels whose white robes are apparently at the cleaners.  Actually the angels kind of remind me of the Little Linebacker on his way to the potty before he gets his pajamas on at night - minus the wings and whatever that thing is wrapping around it's backside (weird!) - and that makes me happy,



and of course the shimmering Christmas bananas.  I'm going to be honest with you, this is the FIRST time I've ever hung Christmas bananas on my tree.  But in the spirit of full disclosure, I really like them.

Until I got things all settled on my tree I didn't realize how in the spirit of Christ mine and my neighbor's decoration exchange was what with us making up for each others shortfalls.  Its kind of nice to know that I completed her Christmas and she completed mine.  CPT Kindergarten and I now agree, we have a beautiful tree.

No comments: