This week's nice people:The old man at Lowe's who stopped and smiled at my toddler, causing him to come to a complete stop mid-tantrum and smile. Please, please, please share your secret nice man!
My neighbor who, after going for a run, saw me tilling my back garden, offered to help, which I refused, then persisted and claimed she had always wanted to till something. You saved me a night of not being able to stand up off of the couch and having to crawl to a stable place to pull myself up - darned wimpy lower back.
The lady at the soccer field who told me my enormous pregnant belly was cute and small. It made me smile and laugh which is always good for me and those I am directly responsible for.
The guy I listened to on NPR this morning who wrote a book called Poor Economics. It is a book about how to spend money on alleviating global poverty with more efficiency. Thanks for caring. I wanna read your book.
Keep on keeping on nice people.
Have you run into any nice folks this week?
P.S. - We released Clifford back into the wild today. The adoring boy handled it well - his little sister sobbed, screamed and declared her undying love for Clifford. I should have been prepared for this. Don't worry though, she was glowingly happy that Clifford was happy by lunch time.
2 comments:
I'm very impressed that your neighbor insisted on helping you with the tilling. How nice! I love nice people too.
This week the nicest person was my husband. My week was really busy and he made it easier.
I also had a two really nice neighbors that watched my kids with short notice, which is very helpful.
Hooray for nice people!
I think if I was still in Utah, your husband would have made my nice list too, because he really is the nicest. AND you have an amazing neighborhood.
Post a Comment