
Have you ever seen a lady cry over a fifth grade performance of Thriller?
Anybody who was in my local elementary school gym today sure got a chance at a confounding gander.
A girl I teach piano lessons to was cast as Micheal Jackson's girlfriend. She's been talking it up for weeks and really wanted me to come see her show. Last week she even gave me a preview of her scream. Maybe I can blame her enthusiasm for my tender heart. Those fifth graders were just so darned proud of themselves. They were all having the best moment of their lives in their black tattered clothes and zombie painted faces. Especially that Micheal Jackson kid who had a legitimate moon walk and shoulder shimmy.
Gravestones, poor lip-syncing, and stiff-arm dancing - heaven help me and my riduclous heart.
2 comments:
Hilarious! I wasn't expecting the tearful woman to be YOU! I thought the story was going to be about someone else. Well, at least you have pregnancy hormones to blame it on. :)
Yes, I believe it! Miles did a summer camp where they performed a dance to Thriller and I did the same thing! Their enthusiasm, and the fact that someone took the time to teach a bunch of crazy kids a dance just got to me. We must be related.
Post a Comment