Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Midwest

There's so much to love about the Midwest - just not the ticks.

We had a fantastic, sweaty, happy time at an Agri-tourism farm today. Then an hour after we got back the friend whose family we went with texted me, "Found a tick on my leg. You might want to check your kids - blech."

My kids thought the strip search was funny and luckily we came up with no eight-legged, flat-bodied blood suckers.

But we did come up with a paranoid Mom. Suddenly all the world for me is covered in ticks. Should I go back to the farm? Should I check my kids every time they go out in the backyard? Can we go camping here? Should I let my kids go out of the house without a Hazmat suit on?

By morning I should be more reasonable.

Ticks, blech.

2 comments:

v said...

I know how you feel...and I live on a ranch! Ticks, yuck!

JessicaP said...

If they just didn't carry diseases...and get bloated on blood. Goo. A ranch sounds like a very nice place to live - well worth the ticks.