Here's a quote I liked that I read the other day that has burrowed in:
"The Lord doesn't care at all if we spend our days working in marble halls or stable stalls. He knows where we are, no matter how humble our circumstances. He will use - in His own way and for His holy purposes - those who incline their hearts to him." (Elder Uchtdorh, Oct Conference, 2011)
It makes me want to be sure of the exact angle at which my heart is climbing toward the Lord. The only way that Elder Uchtdorf's words could have been more personal to me is if he would have said, "The Lord doesn't care at all if we spend our days working in marble halls or houses full of dirty dishes, half-done laundry, broken toys and deflated balls." But then with all the diapers around here I guess the stable stall isn't all that far of a reach...
P.S. - All day today CPT Kindergarten and Sidekick Sis. have been playing "Mom" in the bathtub and laughing the deep bellied kind of laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment