Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Belt is Not an Accessory

I don't know what it is I have against a belt.  Maybe I put it in the category of accessory.  All things accessory get thrown overboard in this gal's life.  Well - I've got one necklace that clung to the deck - it was a sentimental something from my husband and it has a tree on it.  I guess I like my husband and trees.  But belts, they have never been able to float their way onto the loops of my pants.

Now this is a problem because I've had four babies in the last five years and along with not liking to accessorize, I also don't like to shop.  So a few pairs of pants are expected to take me from average to, wow-are-you-having-twins, back to average again. 

I am diminishing now as my baby waxes large.  I tug and pull at my pants all day.  The bottom in my pants sags to my mid-thigh.  I look like a conflicted soccer Mom/hip-hop star.  And do you know what is sad?  This is what is sad.  My little 3 year old girl brought me something today.  Yep, she took my sagginess in and brought me a belt.

"Do you want to wear this Mom?"  She asked me.

A belt is not an accessory, it is a necessity.  A belt is not an accessory, it is a necessity.

Excuse me, I'm going to go repeat this to myself 98 more times.

Here is a phsychological experiment to see if you have belt issues like mine: What do you see here? a) Me and my ponytail?  b) An egg on a leash? c) An elephant without ears?  or d) A belt in the shape of an a...for accessory?

If you answered d) I've gotta tell you, you've got issues.

No comments: