First thing when I woke up yesterday, I grabbed my two year old boy in his dinosaur footsie pajamas and stood him up in the bathtub. He had gotten a haircut the night before and it was terrible. I stomped back to my bathroom in my cozy red pajama pants and snatched up the clippers and a #2 attachment. I was more than a little annoyed that I was fixing a $10 buzz cut I should have done in the first place. I went back to the kids' bathroom and sat on the edge of the tub. After getting little boy comfortable with the clippers, I vroomed back and forth across his head. Meantime, kindergartner and his sidekick sister came into the bathroom to watch while they got dressed. I was trying to be efficient. I was trying to get through the frustrating haircut correction quickly so I could focus on getting CPT Kindergartener off to school. Then the clippers died on me.
"Gosh dang it!"
Never be surprised if you hear my kids say that. They have kind of heard it once or twice. I grunted and said, "I guess we'll have to finish this later." The tension in the bathroom was high. And then, while still sitting, I twisted myself and reached over to get good little boy out of the tub. The equal and opposite reaction that happened when I pulled on him while I was wearing my soft, cozy pjs, was not that he was picked up, but that I, with a "woo-hoo," went tumbling down. Next thing I knew I was sitting with my rump in the tub, my legs hanging out and my head sitting on the ledge for the soap.
Kindergartner laughed fit to bust a gut. He was in tears. Sidekick sister said, "I'm laughing so hard I tooted." Good little boy who I'd pulled across my belly in the tumble was in stiches. I don't think we all ever laughed so hard at 6:30am before in our lives.
You know, there is a lot you try to do as a Mom to give your children good memories. And then this happens. And you think, "Well, I guess life will take care of the memories itself."
1 comment:
Hysterical! I can just picture the whole scene. They will surely remember that one forever.
Post a Comment