Happy Tornado Eve.
Well, I guess that is for all y'all who live in the South with me. We had a beautiful day here today. Ah, man, it was absolutely gorgeous. After Captain Kindergarten got home from school the kids played with their dinosaurs, trucks and pony princesses on the picnic table on the porch jacketless and in bare feet until dinner was ready.
But now for paybacks. This warm day is going to be followed by a cold day, which it is predicted will be spun in for us on the back of a very large celled tornado.
Uh...whoever is in charge of that sort of a thing...you can have your nice day back. I'll take two mildly cool days in exchange for one perfect day followed by one perfectly horrendous day. I can sweeten the deal with a little cash if that's what it's gonna take.
My plan is that when the alarms go off I'll get my three kids at home into the bathtub and we'll read stories and eat cheezits until we're in the clear or in Oz...whichever comes first. And I'll just pray that Captain Kindergarten gets himself crouched down really well in the hallway at his school. Man, those tornado drills growing up used to scare the be-jee-bees out of me. Now spouse-with-the-big-muscles, I haven't really worried about him. I guess my mind believes his muscles really are that big...which might be true.
Anyhow - pray for the South tomorrow folks. Pray that this whopper of a storm ends up being yet another stick to beat meteorologists with. That's what my prayers will be saying tonight. May the weather channel find it in it's enormously generous heart to forgive me. The end.
5 comments:
Oh how I hated those mid-western tornado storms. I remember sitting in our laundry room for hours on end when Emma was barely a month old and just wanting to move back to the west. I'll be praying for you and the rest of the South!
I don't want to hear about this.
You'll most definitely be in my prayers!! My very faint heart would not handle tornado season well at all. Between bad weather and the big surgery coming up, you have quite the load you're carrying. Wish I could be there to help shoulder some of it for you, but I'll be praying that angels (seen and unseen) will help you through it all.
I've been thinking about you all day. How's it going? I remember all of our nights sleeping in the basement during Tornado warnings. I hope the storms passed quickly over you today.
I've been thinking of you all day, constantly checking the weather maps on cnn... really hoping all is well in your little corner. Sending lots of prayers for you and your family.
Post a Comment