Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ruminations

I've been ruminating on my ramblings lately.

     On Fall:  V. is right.  I'm only in my mid-summer, not my fall yet.  My husband would think this is funny.  I love to say I'm further along in life than I am.  This is especially true when I'm pregnant.  If I'm 28 weeks along and someone asks me how many weeks I am, I'll say 30 just to round things out.  The thing is, I just sooooooo want to be fall.  Fall in the South is the best season by about a kajillion times.  It is 70 degrees all the time and smells like crunchy leaves.  I just love, love, love it.

     On Help:  So I finally finished The Help.  Not that I don't have some issues with the story itself, but the writer's afterword, her humble explanation of herself and her purposes in writing the book made me absolutely love what she tried to do.  No white guilt necessary.  Fewf.  She mostly wanted to understand what confused her.  May we all (read, "may I") be so brave.

     On Earth Ramble:  It had been a month or two since I took my green bags to Walmart.  After ruminating on this ramble I took the green bags back yesterday.  I could see that my checker wasn't excited when I brought them out.  But when I gave her a sincere thank you at the end, she smiled pretty good.  I'm back on the green bag train.

Thanks for your reading and giving input on my rambles.  It helps me lots to straighten out my crazy brain.

No comments: