Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Patience

Give me a second here. 

Deep breath in...deep breath out...deep breath in...deep breath out.  Whew. 

OK.  I'm ready now. 

We dropped my husband off at the airport today for an extended business trip.  This is the first trip since the baby has arrived.

Excuse me again...deep breath in...deep breath out.

I've been a little bit nervous about this one.  You see, I've been focusing on being a better Mom over the last couple of months.  My husband brought home a parenting video that kind of released the dam on a flood of ideas for disciplining kids which didn't - surprise, surprise - include the trick of snapping at them.  With my husband's help I've been beginning to turn over a new leaf of greater patience and control.  But now he is gone.  Oh goodness, my rock, my example, my motivator of patience and humor is gone!

Alright one more time...deep breath in...deep breath out...deep breath in.

I'd love to be thinner, wittier and beautifuler when my husband comes home.  That would be pretty, doggone awesome.  But if there is just one thing that's knock-out better about me when he gets back, I hope - no, no, no - I pray, plead, and beg with all that is holy, that it is my patience.

2 comments:

gretchen said...

You can do it. You are wonderful just as you are. Patience is not my virtue, but I'm sure it is something that can be learned with practice, just like anything else. Four kids will give you plenty of practice. :) And call me if you want to giggle.

JessicaP said...

Yes - patience can be practiced and improved. Just ask my kids - especially the oldest who, unfortunately for me, has the longest memory.
And I'll keep you on speed dial for giggle emergencys!