Thursday, June 16, 2011

T'was the Night Before...

First: It's the night before my due date. To celebrate, we are camping in the backyard tonight. It was my idea. Sometimes I forget I'm pregnant. Even on the night before my due date.

Second: For dinner on Tuesday we ate fried zucchini and yellow squash. Tonight we had vegetable fajitas with the main ingredients being zucchini and yellow squash. And our squash are flowering under their big green leaves in clusters. Zucchini bread anyone? Squash soup? Squash with salt? Squash with sugar? Raw squash, baked squash, shredded squash - don't tell me no squash. Here comes summer.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I have a great chocolate zucchini cake recipe, a zucchini cake recipe, and a recipe I saw in Martha Stewart for Zucchini Sandwich cookies if you're interested. We grew 4 zucchini plants one summer and I couldn't use it fast enough! Good Luck (With the zucchini but mostly with getting that little baby out!)

JessicaP said...

Jackie - I would love to have those recipes! Four is exactly the number of zucchini plants we have this year. Could you post those recipes here or send them to me by email?