Friday, June 10, 2011

Almost There

So I'm doing it again. I wasn't going to do it again, but here I am. I went to my 39 week appointment today and found out that I'm as ready to deliver as I've ever been at 39 weeks - which means my baby is still clinging to my rib cage. So this time I wasn't going to be desperate enough to start in on the herbal remedies. But on my way home from the appointment I remembered that a friend in my ward who has had all of her six babies at 38 weeks told me that with some Vitamin E, raspberry leaf tea, and a little castor oil I'd have a baby in no time. So I got the Vitamin E and raspberry leaf tea. And then ten dollars and a few hours later I remembered that this stuff doesn't work for me. As much as I hope, wish, pray, beg, plead, cry, and put natural substances in my body - my babies come when they want to come. And that is late. So this is it. No more. If I admit to putting any castor oil in my body and complain about the contractions and diarahhea bringing on nothing but a miserable day with this baby please all of you write me a nasty comment that says something like, "you ridiculous girl, you told you so!" Hopefully that'll teach me, 'cause experience sure hasn't.

3 comments:

emily said...

Dear jess,

Perhaps you are a more refined version of the female (female v.2?) from the regular run of the mill person (you know, the generic v.1) and actually your gestation is 40 or 41 weeks. So in actuality you aren't even due yet. :) Not that that makes you feel any better. I hope that miraculously this little girl decides she is up and finished and ready for the world...really soon.

Best wishes with your upcoming labor and delivery.

em

Marc and Megan said...

You are so funny, Jess!! Half way through my pregnancy with Hugh, a good friend told me to add a week to what I thought was my due date and make that my new due date. Hugh fortunately came on his original due date weighing almost nine pounds - I think he just ran out of room. (I still can't believe he was so big!) Anyway, I can't say with any amount of certainty if it actually helped, but the week before he was born I ate two whole pineapples (I'd heard that it softens/opens the cervix) and a couple of meals of spicy enchiladas. :) Not to encourage you to try any other ridiculous methods, but it at least tastes better than castor oil! Hang in there, Jess! In marathon terms, you're at least approaching the final .2!

JessicaP said...

Hey Em - I do like thinking of myself as a v. 2 - like I'm extra special, so I'll work with that. Thank you!

Megan - Eating pineapple sounds soooooo much better than castor oil, I should try it. Spicy enchiladas scares my mashed potato loving mouth - but that might mean I get to use my Tums. And I have these Tums that taste just like fruit candy. I love an excuse to use them! Last .2, last .2 - I can do it!