Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Side-kick

It was a busy day.  I think I could start all of my blog posts that way.  But anyway...so I didn't get around to my run until 9:30 tonight.  That meant a date with the treadmill, the guy that I wish I'd never given my number to.

I started out at a foot-thumpingly slow pace and turned the ipod up real loud to drown out the tediousness of my tete-a-tete.  My groove was keeping its distance from me.

Then spouse-the-tucker-in-of-small-children came in and stood next to me.  He told me that Side-kick Sister was still trying to get to sleep.

He said, "She asked me if you were running on the treadmill."  I thought the two of them were hinting at me calling it quits on the run.

Then he said, "She asked me what shirt you were wearing and I told her the blue one.  And she said, 'Ohhhh!!'  And then she asked me what shorts you were wearing and I told her you were wearing your pink shorts.  And then she was like (spouse-the-impersonator opened his eyes wide and dropped his jaw in girlly slumber-party-like excitement), "I didn't know she had pink shorts!'"  She was utterly impressed.  Sidekick Sister is what brings my paltry wardrobe joy.

It wasn't too long after hearing this and smiling that I got my running groove on.  Simple things really can move mountains folks.

1 comment:

gretchen said...

And that is why I love that girl. She is hilarious. Miss you guys!