Saturday, February 4, 2012

He's Home!

He's home!

Don't you wish you could have seen it?

The giggling wife standing on the trunk at-home-spouse pulled in the door when he came in at midnight so she could get to his tall face and give it a kiss.

The little baby waking up in the middle of the night grabbing at her Daddy's nose and mouth and cheeks trying to figure out who this man who gave her all her height is.

The three little kids running down the dark hallway just before the sun came up hearing Dad's whistle and responding with a "Daddy, Daddy!" then climbing up on the big bed with Mom and Dad and hugging and giggling and wrestling and generally being giddy.

Man, I wish you could have seen it too.  It's enough to make a heart living in an igloo in the arctic feel like hanging out in it's shirtsleeves.

2 comments:

Marc and Megan said...

YAY!!! Oh the joy!! I know I can't even come close to imagining it, but I think I felt a tiny bit of it by reading your description of his welcome home. So glad he's home with you! I can't imagine a happier family right now than yours!

Irene said...

So glad he is back. I can see that wrestling going on. It's good to share the joy.