Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Jumbled

First off, the baby is now a crawler and a puller-upper.  The girl has plenty of go in her soul.  Just when the bump on her forehead from her last fall or collapse into the floor is thinking about packing up and kissing me goodbye, another and bigger lump takes it's place.  Please let me keep this baby Child Protective Services.  I try!  I promise I try.  The thing is, she's just as ready as could be to be tumbling in the mass of childhood that bounces through our house - that mass of childhood which leaves toys, books and clothes like firework ashes scattered choatically in all our nooks and our not-to-be-forgotten crannies.

Second, I thought I'd share another picture of me:



This is so totally, shamefully, yet honestly me.  I keep a lot of my house at least semi-clean.  But at heart I am not a clean or an organized person.  So that part of me that I'm covering up in the cleanliness that exists in the rest of the house, can't help but explode in some hidden somewhere of the home.  My desk and just to the right of the sink in the kitchen are the places in my house that scream most loudly, "Jessica!"  Well and the closets - ever and always the closets.  Oh and under the beds.  Of course under the beds.  Dang.  Sigh.

Anyway, everything stacked on this desk is VERY important, very, very, very important.  That is why I put it there.  Like it is important to use that can of carrots that my neighbor gave me soon because the reason she gave them to me four months ago is because they were about to go bad.  That tupperware needs to be returned ASAP to the girl who thoughtfully brought me soup when my kids were sick...a couple weeks ago.  That blue basket is full of important papers, things not to be forgotten, coupons about to expire (perhaps long expired already?).  I have the yellow notebook for girl's camp that needs to be given to someone who will actually be living in the area during girl's camp.  I have cardboard I want to recycle.  And of course bills to be filed in my extremely tight system that tracks our finances - yeah that overstuffed manila folder in the bottom of a drawer that haphazardly swallows bills when given the chance.  There are magazines I saved for spouse-the-scouter's boy-scouts, a baby blanket a friend left here two months ago, belts and weight equipment, books and get-to-know you questions for emails to spouse-who's-often-gone when he is next gone - important, not to be lost or forgotten stuff! 

"Wait, wait, Jessica," you might say.  "But you have that board in the back with a list on it.  You even have little boxes that can be checked off."

Yeah, well...not mine.  That is spouse-the-yin-for-my-yang's board.  I just put it there because I considered it an important thing.  Welcome, welcome spouse's board to my stunningly organized neck of the woods.  I think it is crying.

Well, there you have it, a little portrait of me for you.  And if you want to know what the insides of my brain look like there is no need to wait for my cadaver to be available.  Just use your imagination, take that desk and stuff it inside my head.  That is really the best representation ever of my real life thinker.

I have no other points today.  That is the jumbled end.

No comments: