Monday, February 13, 2012

Love

In no particular order or well thought out-ishness:

I love wearing jeans that fit and a t-shirt with my hair in a pony-tail - oh and flip-flops on my feet.  That is the ultimate folks.
I love red rock country.  I feel so at home running around the slick rock.  It makes me ridiculously giddy.
I love when my older brother teases me.  Is there something wrong with enjoying being teased?
I love the mountains because I have to work hard to get up them and they smell good like tree sap.
I love when Sidekick Sister curls up in my lap and sucks her thumb.  She is the cuddliest of cuddle-bugs.
I love chocolate and ice cream, don't we all, but they must not be forgotten on this day of love.
I love when trainer-spouse tells me my push-up form looks really good.
I love getting a random text or message from my sister-in-laws.  They're pretty awesome at making me feel like I'm totally cool - everyone needs folks like that in their lives.
I love getting a call on Skype from my mother-in-law.  I dare you to have as good of a mother-in-law as I do.
I love when the Little Linebacker says, "It's a good day!" which is a good thing because he'll say it ten or one-hundred million times daily.
I love writing things that make my own self laugh and also things that make me realize what I really believe.  It is very hard to write a lie and still believe it.
I love when my Dad talks about things he's passionate about, like BYU and politics.  It makes me think and get excited.
I love running outside on a lonely country road and seeing green fields and red barns while the sun does its magic on my soul.
I love when my older sister laughs hard.  Sometimes she will laugh so hard she holds her hand to her chest.  That usually means I'm laughing hard enough to make me cry because she is a girl who knows what funny is.
I love watching my kids laughing while they bounce on the trampoline, especially when their hair is sticking straight up from static electricity.
I love when my Mom listens to the silly things I have to say.  She has heard a lot of silliness in her day.
I love getting a phone call or an email from a friend I haven't heard from in a while where I get to laugh and catch up and feel all the love I've had for them all over again.
I love to feel the spirit move inside my heart because when it does I feel like everything is ok and I'm gonna be alright.
I love when my younger sister makes me giggle.  She can pretty much look at me cross-eyed and I'll get myself into a giggle fit.  It's her magic.
I love reading a book that makes me wish that I had enough time to do nothing but read, read, read.  It's exciting.
I love when Captain Kindergarten shows me how fast he can run.  Oh those cute flailing long arms and long legs!
I love when a plant is just poking its green out of the ground and I can imagine its whole, good, healthy life before I accidentally kill it.
I love it when I see people doing nice things because it makes me think there is a lot more good to the world than the newspapers would like us to believe.
I love every second of my-favorite-spouse-ever being in my presence.  How I got so lucky to get the kid I do not know, but I sure think he's the tops.
Mostly I love this life that I have in all its homely goodness.

Hmmmmm...guess I best be getting myself off to say a prayer of thanks.  Happy Valentines Day!!!

2 comments:

gretchen said...

Love you sister! (Picture me saying this with crossed eyes) There is no one I'd rather giggle with! Happy Valentines Day to all the wonderful people at your house!

Irene said...

And I love you and love talking with you any old time.