Wow...I hit the wall hard today. Kablam!! Kablooey!! It was a kind of like one second I was standing and the next second - flat on the floor.
I have been building up to my wall smashing moment for days now. Being able to grab words out of my brain and hustle them through my mouth to have a casual conversation has been even more difficult than it usually is for me. Remembering people's names, hearing what my kids are asking for, remembering certain stretches of road I've just driven down, all of it has been slipping just outside of my mental works. So today my body said, "That's it. You are sleeping and you are sleeping now." And I fell asleep in a mess of toys on the floor with all four kids making their usual amount of noise and chaos all around me. Eventually both of my girls cuddled into me so I pulled myself from the dark, restful nothingness of sleep and put them in their beds for naps and turned on VeggieTales for the boys. Then I soaked myself in 45 minutes of much needed z's. My brain feels defrosted.
In other news, do you know what I like to do on a Sunday evening just because I'm kind of geeky like that? I like to look at the latest Mormon Messages videos. They make me want to be a better person every time and goodness knows I need the help and inspiration. This is the one I watched tonight.
Now maybe I should go to bed. I've got this suspicion it might help with my sleepiness issue.
No comments:
Post a Comment