Friday, April 13, 2012

Good Family Entertainment

Sometimes I feel like Captain Kindergarten here.


Like there's this big dinosaur in the trees behind me and I don't know which way to run.  All I can think about is those sharp, sharp teeth.

Are dinosaurs like most mean animals?  Would it be a lot better to stand still and face them rather than to run? 

Yeah, yeah - probably. 

That seems to be one of those inconvenient truths in life.  You can't outrun your problems.  If you try they'll catch up to you and EAT...YOU...FOR...DINNER.  It's best to face all those sharp teeth and cross your fingers that they see something meatier behind you to plunge into.

I've actually found all sorts of success in ignoring problems.  That's kind of like standing still isn't it?  But I guess that can sometimes make it so on the off chance the dinosaur DOES decide to attack the non-running me, I might not see him in time to work my kung-fu magic on him which would probably result in me being dinosaur chow.

Oh man - I'm way off course.  I mostly just posted this picture to show everyone what a cool dinosaur exhibit our zoo has right now.  One of the dinosaurs even spit water.  Spouse-the-Boy had all sorts of fun watching folks park their strollers right in front of the deinoncyus and then five seconds later - KA-POW - waterized!!!!  And there would be high-pitched screams from the Moms and "Ahh!"s from the Dads and maybe a little crying from the smaller fry.

Yep, we had us some good, family entertainment at the zoo this week.

No comments: