Friday, March 14, 2014

Day 10

Hannah's knee hurt at PT today. Bummer. We'd been having such an amazing, fairly painless time of it so far. We started turning the screw that lengthens her leg millimeters at a time on Wednesday and I think it caught up with her today. Thank goodness we get to go to pool PT after land PT. Getting into the warm pool totally got her zen back.

And I picked Dan up at the airport tonight for a weekend visit. Grandma had the baby monitor in her room in case anything crazy happened at 11:30 at night while I zipped up to the airport to pick him up. I had visions of Hannah falling out of the bed onto her cage leg, or Briant falling out of his bed and waking up the rest of the room (when I left I had to take his legs off of the laundry baskets beside his bed and lay them straight on the mattress), or Gideon waking up and demanding a bottle and waking up everybody else in the room (which he'd done the night before). I couldn't get to the airport fast enough - which is probably why I missed two of my exits and had to drive four or five additional miles to get there. Still, I managed to pull up to passenger pick-up right when Dan landed. When we got back to the room everyone was still asleep. The chair I'd put beside Hannah's bed to trap her in hadn't budged.

I'm so glad that the fears in my mind are not employed as reality's painters.

1 comment:

Romney Family said...

Like I said before you are amazing, Jess!! Hang in there. It is so nice to know that life is normal even with all of the craziness that gets thrown into it!!