If you think you've got a sneaky husband, I might be able to one up you on that one. After four days of me being in the hospital, he said that he would come in on discharge day so that I could take the kids to church, his defense being that it would be good for me to be the one meeting the ward since I would be the one in the ward for the following four months. My guess is that he was trying to get out of taking four little kids to church without me. But I suppose I better give him credit where credit is due because he did have all the kids showered, dressed and ready for me. And I did get to go with my Mother-in-Law and Brother-in-Law who are both immensely helpful. And I did meet an old friend who happened to be in the ward and I talked her poor ear off in the mother's lounge all through Sunday School and Relief Society. So I'm saying it wasn't all that bad and maybe I'll keep my sneaky husband afterall.
That being said, as soon as I got home from church Dan called and said he and Hannah were ready to get the heck out of Dodge. So I ran up and escorted them both out of the hospital and down the hill back to our hotel. And Hannah and I felt great happiness. Truly. Joy.
And what was even more wonderful was that the girl just was not complaining of any pain. No pain. So we stopped giving her the strong pain medication and just gave her a late dose of Tyelenol. And still she felt great. It was mind boggling and wonderful. So for one night we all seven of us climbed into our beds in the same room and went happily and restfully to sleep.
1 comment:
OH Jess, Such a trial for all of you. So much for a young girl to have to go through but Hannah sure is a tough one!! Prayers for you all. You all truly are an inspiration and great example to us all!!!Sure hope all continues to go well and Hannah continues to not have too much pain!!
Post a Comment