Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 7

It's funny just how normal life can be even in the middle of a bunch of abnormality.

We're nine-hundred miles from home. My daughter has a crazy contraption around her leg. Our living space has no stove top or oven. We're all sleeping in the same room like we're living in a cabin in the 1800's on the Western frontier...except we have a heater, and plug-ins, and fridges (1 1/2 - which makes me want to do a dance).

So anyway, in my mind it was all going to be really crazy. But instead it's normal.

I still have to get the kids to brush their teeth. I still have to figure out what I want to make for dinner (and I'm still putting it off until about 5:15 p.m). I still have to get everybody bathed. I still have to make sure everyone gets their school work done. We still have friends to play with and appointments to get to. It's all just pretty doggone normal at this point. Where's some wood to knock on?

2 comments:

Marc and Megan said...

I've just got caught up on your latest blog posts. You've always led such an adventurous life, Jess! Though, I can imagine this kind of adventure isn't quite the type that would be very enjoyable to go through. You are amazing as ever! I wish you were 900 miles closer this direction... and I really wish I was the old friend you ran into at church. I long for the day we finally get to see each other again! In the meantime, please just know that I'm adding my prayers to yours and all my wishes for a comforted and buoyed up heart to get through the days ahead! Sure love you!!

Gretchen said...

I came over to see if you were posting on the blog. So glad you are. Keep it up! And keep being the supermom you are - even when you don't feel like. You're doing it! Give those kids a hug from me.