Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Planning For the Future

Tonight while the Sidekick was having some cinnamon toast before bed, she said to me, "You and Dad are twins."

"Yeah?" I said.  To be honest with you, I've never walked through Walmart with Spouse-My-Other-Half and had someone stop us and ask us if we were twins, so I wasn't sure where she was going with it.

"You're wearing a red shirt and Dad is wearing a red shirt."  Ahhh, of course, the clothes.  Pretty much the girl sees life in clothes.  "I wish I would have put on my red leotard.  Then we could all look the same," she said as she looked dejectedly at her toast that she'd torn up and scattered all over her napkin.  She was eating the toast small bit by small bit.

She also said that the next time she needed to go to Baltimore to see the doctor, she wanted Grandma and Grandpa to come out and watch the other kids so that Spouse-the-Fun-to-Travel-With and I could both go with her.

I'm only recording this so that in twelve years I have written proof to show her that she once thought Mom and Dad were pretty much the raddest things on the face of the planet.  I believe in planning for the future.

No comments: