Spouse-Who-Always-Comes-Home-for-Lunch-Which-I-Absolutely-Love just came home for lunch. He's been working hard to apply for a job in his company that would take us somewhere that is not the U.S. We're not exactly sure where that somewhere would be, but we were kind of all thrilled about possibly going there - wherever it might be (maybe Brazil, we'd really, really like Brazil).
But it turns out that, as of a few days ago, they're not hiring people for that job who have been in the company for as long as he has. Doggone.
We were feeling pretty confident about it up to this point. So I was already dreaming of my kids speaking foreign languages and me having leashes for all of them when we went out in public so they wouldn't get kidnapped. Because if you're not in the U.S., then you're kids are going to get kidnapped, right? What an awful prejudice. I'm going to work on that.
When we found out today that it probably won't happen, both of us kind of had the instinct to say, "We're done with this company! That's it! There's nothing else we want to do with them!" The whole temper-tantrum kind of thing.
But Spouse-the-Reasonable knows he wants to stay where he's at, so instead he'll work all the angles to get around the "you can't do it," that he heard today. He could definitely be called Spouse-the-Amazing-Angle-Worker. But maybe it won't happen now. Maybe we'll do something else.
Doesn't that cliff of not knowing feel weird and uncomfortable and altogether not fun? But I was engaged once before I met Spouse-the-One-and-Only. I had a miscarriage on my first pregnancy. I was told at a 20 week ultrasound that I had a baby with a defect. I have seen my husband travel to places that made me think I'd rather he wouldn't. And life turned out right. Maybe it turned out even righter.
So I'm telling myself in my disappointment over most-likely getting the thumbs down on international living, that it's okay. Mostly because I'm a believer that if I give the nod to God, he'll give the nod back to me and it will all turn out right in the end anyway.
2 comments:
I'm sure it will all work out for the best. I have a friend who was looking forward to living internationally and now that she's there she can't wait to get back to the U.S. Good experiences can happen anywhere. You guys will have fun wherever you are and best of all you're an awesome family.
That is a big disappointment and strange reason! I was even getting on board for the idea. You two have the faith to make things work whatever comes next.
Post a Comment