Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Memories

My Mother's Day was made meaningful by two things:

First

Do you remember the Mom I posted about a couple of months ago who lost her baby when she was 37 weeks pregnant?  She came to church today.  She graciously recieved her Mother's Day rose from the ward.  Then after sacrament meeting she went home to get in her pajamas and sleep the rest of the day away.

I am in awe of her courage. 

And I think she is a beautiful mother.

Second

My beautiful sister-in-law had her second baby right smack-dab in the middle of Mother's Day.  I just took a look at a picture of her.  She was looking down at her baby boy all wrapped up tight in her arms with that I'm-in-love-with-you look in her eyes.

She is a beautiful mother too. 

That is what I will remember the most from today (well that and my smiling bowl of cereal in bed this morning - it even had raspberry ears).

No comments: