Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Cool as a Cucumber
We had friends over for dinner tonight and two sets of missionaries. While we were all chatting the kids were playing in the backyard. My five year old came in after awhile and leaned against me. He smiled shyly up at me. I smiled down at him. I gave him a little squeeze. He looked around him for a bit. Then he said quiet and slow, "I have an emergency." He looked around at everybody with a sheepish smile and I knew exactly where this was going. Just as I was getting ready to steer him to the bathroom, he pointed at the mother of the cute, blond little two year old that was visiting us. "Her little girl is up really high." I looked out the window, the Mom's chair went flying. During her rush for the door I could see the pale legs of her daughter at the top of our play set ladder, her body so stretched her white hands could barely grip our monkey bars. The monkey bars are high enough that I can't comfotably help my kids when they want to cross them. While the Mom flew across the yard in a panic, my boy silently left the kitchen and strolled back outside, cool as a cucumber.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment