Speaking of being grateful...
So I've been thinking lots and lots and lots about the LGBT movement. I really don't think I'm alone in this. And as I've been going through my thinking and my sorting out and my looking for answers, I've thought many times, "I should blog about this." And then I try and then I'm like, "Whoa - that's all a bunch of junk sister child." And I quickly write about something else I know about - like terrorizing Walmart with my arsenal of small children.
Mostly I can't write anything because I'm not to my end yet. I'm in that scratching-my-head-so-hard-it-hurts stage right now. I so want to have it all figured out and neatly wrapped up RIGHT NOW for myself. But it's something I am aware I will be churning for a while more to come.
But about being grateful: I am grateful to be going through the struggle because I think I needed my mind opened. I am grateful that a portion of humanity's cruelty is biting the dust. I'm grateful that all of us are attempting to be a little more honest and a little more open. I'm grateful that all the talk surrounding this issue has allowed me to make connections to other areas of my life, especially with my husband and children, where I see that I need to work on not snuffing out honesty by expectation.
Maybe it is piddly what I have garnished so far from what is a real, difficult and painful issue, but still, at this point in my journey, I feel grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment