As I've mentioned before, sometimes I look at an Amish buggy going down the road here and I think, "I kinda wish I was in that."
I spent a good deal of my week and my sanity figuring out my old modem was broken and then getting a new modem. It was a week of hoping the modem would miraculously heal itself, disconnected phone calls with technical support while four children melted down around me, accidentally bringing home a router instead of a modem because I'm a dork like that, and typing in a gaggle of possible passwords ol' noticeably absent Spouse-the-Setter-Upper-of-Technological-Things might have connected to our account. I tried to get the password on the phone with technical support, but my phone ran out of batteries just as the lady was about to tell me how to get to Cibola. So I tried chatting on-line but before I could get the password the lady wanted to know who Spouse's-Who-I'm-Sure-Has-a-Favorite-Singer-Who's-Name-Starts-With-J-But-You-Could-Beat-Me-With-a-Wooden-Spoon-and-I-Still-Couldn't-Tell-You-Who-That-Singer-Is favorite singer is who starts with the letter J. I thought about it for a second and considering his sense of humor I tried, "Jessica," but I was wrong. It disappointed me on more than one level. The lady told me to try calling technical support again. But I was done. So I fiddled and I faddled and then my favorite thing ever that I always count on happening happened. My modem and computer miraculously healed themselves. I just love it when that happens. And so you'd think I'd be satisfied with my modern life now.
But really, I still kinda wish I was Amish, because now I've got to get the router set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment