Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Good Week

My favorite things of the week:

Hearing the special ring I have on my iPhone for Spouse-of-My-Very-Own for the first time in quite a while.  He's the bells chiming.  I felt like a five-year-old on her birthday when I heard it going off.

Seeing CK do the backward elbow pump every time he won a game at the fall festival.  I'm a sucker for seeing a body feeling triumphant - makes me teary-eyed happy every time.

Having the Little Linebacker tell me one morning unprompted and when he wasn't even in trouble, "Mom, you're beautiful."  A girl needs a boy like that in her life.

Seeing W2O's face next to her ever lovin' Dad's and thinking, "Those two look-a-likes are mine and that's ok."  W2O's Dad is charmed out of his socks by his growing, happy, crazy, busy baby girl.  He really falls hard for his girls.

Stepping into my garage and not seeing any spiderwebs or fearing other creeping things.  Spouse-the-Worker has returned.

Looking over at the Sidekick watching a movie on the iPad with her brother.  She had her head cuddled into his and her arm over his knee.  He shifted around and kind of bumped her off.  But when he settled down again she nestled right back in.  You can't discourage that gal's affectionate need to touch.

It's been a good week.  I really thing good weeks are rad.

2 comments:

Marc and Megan said...

Reading this makes me so happy! I love these little glimpses into your family! So glad you're all together again!

Romney Family said...

so glad he is home!!!